Friday, January 1, 2016

The battery claims to be Samsung

The hoverboard has been hiding in my garage just sitting there w/o a rider for 2 weeks while I do my research and await my replacement chargers. I took the opportunity today to remove the shell to inspect the battery for swelling. Good news is no swelling of the battery. In doing so, I found that the battery was not labeled as LG as the vendor hand claimed. The sticker says, "Samsung." That's good news, but there's no way to really tell if it's Samsung w/o taking apart the battery to see the actual cells. We know Samsung doesn't make these batteries as a package. There are no true Samsung batteries distributed by the company. 

Legit companies purchase individual cells from Samsung and then put them together as a hoverboard battery. The label here still doesn't prove that it's indeed a Samsung battery but at least it doesn't say, "Gpower" or some unknown brand. 



I was a bit surprised about how clean the setup was under the shell. 



I did end up taking a test ride after confirming no swelling of the battery. No fires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment