Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Should you get one even if they don't explode?

I'm sure it will be a lot more fun when I get a chance to play with this more than in the 10 linear feet I have in our tiny living room, but I can't imagine riding this purely for fun. It may get boring quickly for most people who aren't personal vehicle addicts. 

You really have to be a fanatic to ride this for pure fun without any place to actually travel to. 

You can't expect your peers to have a hoverboard. So you'll either ride it for functionality down the street to your local grocery market or to across campus to your next class. 

The hoverboard isn't common yet. That means you're either:

1. Riding it up and down the block or in circles. 

2. Or maybe you've made some sort of obstacle course. But if you get that far, you're categorized as a crazy fanatic and not just showing casual interest. 

3. You can only take turns riding it in circles with your friends for so long before the fun factor wears out. Can you imagine ice skating in a rink for the first time with a group of friends but only one of you has skates? 

It's suppose to be a personal vehicle so best suited for those who actually have somewhere to go. 

If I was in college, riding around campus from class to class would be perfect. That would by far, be the ideal riding scenario. I'd find someway to deal with the extra 25lbs on top of my books. 

For 90% of people, it's probably not worth the money, risk and space. If you're not jumping all over it and the only question you have is where and when to get one, it might be better to have a friend or crazy relative and ride his. 


As much as I'd love for friends and family to join me as a hoverboarder, I'm not holding my breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment