Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Charger Melted!

The charging light started blinking red/green, flashing 2 seconds at a time. It wasn't until later that I recalled this has happened to my Cruzin Cooler before. The charger was just broken. Battery unharmed. I just got a replacement charger and everything was fine. 

The hoverboard charger though got extremely hot. Too hot to touch. I snapped my hand back after touching it gently to check. This was just after 45 minutes of charging this evening. Just before unplugging it as a precaution, I looked at the charger brick and noticed it melted!!!!!


Yes, really. First day. Here's the label on the back. The charger actually feels and looks more heavy duty than the other ones I've used for other products. Apparently it was no match for the faulty electronics inside. 


What to do now? 
I'm going to reach out to my ebike forum for electronics and see what they say. They're more of the experts than I am. 

Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment