Thursday, November 11, 2010

Breaking my own rules

Rule #1: Don't mess with vans.

I knew vans were dangerous b/c they're either driven by a soccer mom with too many things on her mind other than driving or a delivery person too busy with paperwork or goods to realize he just ran a red light.

But I forgot that there's another league of van drivers. Male van drivers who think they're a hot shot. They try to do whatever they can to make up for the fact that they drive a family van. They modify their them with chrome rims no bigger than stock with too big of an offset to look clean and they upgrade every light they have with HID's. The vans already have big blind spots and for an immature person to drive one is dangerous to everyone on the road, let alone a scooter.

One such driver tried to race me through an intersection when the light turned green. He eventually let me cut in, but not by a lot.


LESSONS LEARNED?

1. Don't mess with vans - ever.

2. There's at least a billion reasons why they're dangerous.

3. My scooter can keep up with a car but it isn't faster.

4. I should have stayed behind traffic instead of trying to filter through, especially when I saw the light about to turn green in our favor.

5. Don't rush when I'm on a scooter even though I wanted to get home quickly before my tacos got cold and to make it in time for the episode of Nikita. Nothing's more important than safety. Take it slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment