Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mod gone bad

I hadn't really done much, but wanted to see how the rims would look like with the left over reflective red stripes I had laying around from the trike. Red and blue doesn't look good and it looks horrible with the grey. If I were to do anything like this, I'd paint the rims completely black and accent the rims with a white stripe.

Material cost?

1. Sandpaper: I might be able to find laying around for free.
2. Heat resistant spray paint shouldn't cost more than $5.
3. The stripes I can get for $8 shipped from ebay.

Unless I am willing to repaint the rims back to the grey, this mod isn't really reversible and it might not look nearly as good as I'm thinking it could. Very hesitant to do this and plus, there's no money right now for cosmetic upgrades like this. It's worth thinking about for the future though. Another reason I'm hesitant to do this is b/c I'm only holding onto the scooter for another 1-1.5 years. The color scheme might turn off a new buyer and I might not be able to get as much out of it as I'm hoping. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment