Friday, November 12, 2010

Lucky break

Your mom's car almost got totaled today. I was getting ready to back up into a parallel spot on Geary Blvd when I look into the side mirror and see a white car speeding towards me at full speed (probably 35+ mph). The driver didn't slow down at all and there was no room for him and me in the same lane. Just when I thought he was about to sideswipe me, he swerves around with tires squeaking. I got super lucky and was thankful I wasn't in a scooter.

But then again, the scooter would have had a lot more room for a car alongside it. Just makes me realize how sometimes there's just nothing you can do. Wrong place at the wrong time. Stupid drivers everywhere who aren't paying attention and just don't care enough to while they're driving. So what now?

This experience makes me want to filter through lanes of traffic whenever I can. This will at least protect me from rear enders. This already almost happened to me twice. One lady, again not paying attention, speeds towards me and I can see her in my side mirror. Freaky feeling b/c there wasn't much I could do since I was turning left. In that case, I was ready to just go straight since it wasn't a left turn only lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment