Tuesday, November 23, 2010

License plate storage box

It's called the Grifter. Not many stores sell it so I had a hard time finding a good deal on this puppy. Shipped price? $26.90. This is my first convenience accessory. Well deserved from my earnings from ONP.

The Chinese paper company loves me and bought me this! It's basically a plastic locked box that hides behind the license plate. This gives me more space in my underseat compartment for my gear.









Here it is opened. It comes with a lock, two keys, a foam thingy to keep the contents from shaking around, all the installation hardware and a waterproof bag for your registration.






Stealth! You can't even tell is there! It sticks out about an inch from the normal installed location of the license plate, but that's a small price to pay for keeping stuff out of the way. Now I don't have to worry about damaging things in the underseat storage area with my helmet and lock.

So far, I have the following items stored in there: DMV registration, extra sparkplug, extra fuse, flashlight, and a tire gauge - all the stuff I don't use regularly. If this scooter doesn't get sold to someone I know, I'll pull this off and give it to Uncle Victor so he can use it for his Honda Elite 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment