Saturday, August 4, 2012

Big Mamma

I just came back from the garage after installing the Big Mamma. That's what I'm calling the fact 4700µF 35v capacitor. Although I'm happy to report that the rattling went away and so did the flickering, the sad part is that the light didn't turn on at all! 

One weird thing about the smaller 1000µF 35v capacitor is that I noticed the light would get really bright just before I turned it off, but only for a split second. At the last blink before shutoff, it's way brighter for that millisecond that it is when it's flickering when on the on mode. 

I have no clue what all this means. Perhaps I need a capacitor larger than 1000µF 35w but smaller than 4700µF 35v?

There's only a 2200µF 35v and a 3300µF. Is that my only hope? I've already spent about $12 or so on capacitors. I'm not thinking of buying any more. I've already ordered the error eliminators the other day. It won't be here 'til 8/17 probably. That gives me a stretch time to figure out any other options. We'll see. We'll see. Not giving up yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment