Friday, August 3, 2012

More Capacitors

Rushed to Radioshack today to pick up more capacitors. I got one of the same ones I got yesterday and also picked up a 470µF 35v one in case it didn't work.

Since I read that capacitors blow up b/c they're installed with the incorrect polarity, I tried putting this new one in the opposite direction. Not wanting to end in a violent fate like the last, I turned the engine off after realizing it didn't work. The bulb was still flickering and the relay was still buzzing. 

Being that this is I think the fourth time I've taken the scoot apart, this image looks familiar. Figured I'd document it for y'all. It actually only requires removing 4 screws: 2 at the battery cover and 2 that secure the headlight cover. 

Since it didn't work with the opposite polarity either, I brought out the big kahunas. This one's pretty monstrous relative to the other two.

After a deep breath, I inserted it and tried again. Didn't work either. Ugh, one more chance. Reverse the polarity. 

And so I did. And guess what? Nothing happened but more buzzing and more flickering. Same as before. My last hope? Perhaps some error code eliminators will work. For now, I got nothin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment