Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bigger is Better?

This thing is gimungous and it's not even the 4700µF 35v one. It's just a 1000µF capacitor. The 4700uf one was huuuuuge. It was almost the size of a C battery. Crazy.






Some guy put one on his Mazda 3 and boy is it big! 

Here's the comparison. The large one I picked up from Radioshack this morning cost me $1.99 plus tax, the most expensive one of them all.

And so did it work??? I turned the engine over and the buzzing of the relay continued. It buzzed much less though. Seemed like the steroids was wearing off. I installed it with the polarity going the opposite direction that the first one exploded. Figured the popping of the last capacitor was enough to convince me that the blue is actually positive making the white wire negative. Not the other way around. So what next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment