Friday, October 1, 2010

The Buy

I researched a bit on how to check out a scooter w/o a mechanic, so I took a look at any rusted parts, listened to the engine sounds, tested the brakes, asked for maintenance records and was pretty much sold.

The few scratches on it didn't bother me. This was a good deal and it was pretty much mine since other would-be buyers didn't want to deal with a visit to the DMV with the seller to transfer title. I was more than willing and accompanied the Craigslister to the Department of Motor Vehicles do do the paperwork. 2 hours of waiting in line sucks.

After getting to the counter though, the transfer took less than 7 minutes. We were out and headed to the bank for the physical money transfer. This is the safest way to do it. Transfer to the sellers account at his bank in person with cash. Got a receipt and I was out.

Proud new owner of a Yamaha Vino 125. 96mph! We'll see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment