Monday, October 4, 2010

Changed the seat

After losing a bit of confidence in my riding ability after failing the offset cone weave motorcycle drill using cones in a parking lot this afternoon, I realized riding might be more comfortable and therefore easier to ride with a lower seat. Although I don't see it, I've heard that the stock seat is lower than the TNG one I have on there now (popped on from the previous owner). I swapped 'em out yesterday and have taken about 7 miles for a test run.

The seat isn't dramatically lower. Physically I don't think it's lower at all, but the fact that it's softer does let me sit lower once my butt is planted on the seat and my weight is holding the padding down. I can get flat on my feet with only a slight tilt of the scooter. Riding along, it feels like I'm lower...ever so slightly, but still noticeable.

Since the seat is softer, it seems to absorb the uneven roads too. So far, two benefits so I'm keeping the stock seat for now and have posted the TNG seat on Craigslist for sale.

I plan to use the money to buy the Grifter license plate box I've been wanting - a hair over $25 shipped. Hesitant to purchase it outright w/o any new money. Hopefully the same goes through and I can have a new convenient carrying box in the next couple of weeks. The box is hidden nicely behind the plate. It continues the clean look of the scooter while providing some convenience storage that doesn't interfere with the underseat compartment

Locks too! It opens up to store stuff I won't use often like the scooter's registration, an air gauge, pen, fuse, and maybe some quarters for the meter. I recently found a whole list of metered motorcycle parking spaces in the city. I managed to edit it to size 8 font and squeezed it into a single double sided page. I'll fit that in there too.


No comments:

Post a Comment