Saturday, October 23, 2010

Light me up with another FREE mod


Ebay gives away money to customers who buy stuff and I guess this year I collected $2.08! Not a lot to work with but I was sure I could find something for $2.08 shipped. Bulbs? Nope, got those. Batteries? Nope, got those too. I finally decided on this headlamp. Why did I get it?




I chose this 5-LED headlamp for it's flashing feature. Motorcycle riders sometimes install a headlight modulator that automatically flashes the headlight so it's more visible to cagers (car drivers). These modulator's typically cost $60-$100 (although I found one later for $42). This ebay headlamp though is FREE! I hope to mount it in the cavity just below the headlight. The horn is currently there and will have to be relocated. I plan to do this anyway when I upgrade the horn, so it shouldn't be a problem.


The switch on the LED-headlamp is located at the top and hopefully it can still be easily accessed after it's installed cleanly on the scooter. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment