Saturday, October 30, 2010

How to use the center stand

Duh! It supposed to be an easy task, but that's how I hurt my wrist the first week with Uncle Victor's scooter. I've had a series of different methods I've used to put on and off the center stand and have only figured out the best way just today by pure accident. While taking the photos today, I really wanted to be able to take the scooter on/off the center stand more efficiently w/o having to get on and off the scooter since I was doing it a billion times an hour to get all the various shots.

ON THE CENTER STAND - Method 1
To put the center stand on, I had stood left of the scooter and put ball of my right toe on the lever with my toe facing towards the front of the scooter. As I depress the lever, my arms pull the handlebars up and towards the rear of the scooter. After watching Youtube, I discovered another method that props the scooter up on the stand much more easily.

ON THE CENTER STAND - Method 2 (current)
This method uses body weight more than strength or momentum which makes it very easy to do.

1. Stand facing the left side of the scooter.

2. Rest your right foot on the center stand lever with your toe facing the REAR of the scooter. With your right hand, hold onto the rear storage rack. Grasp it where the, "Never sit on this bar" sticker is.

3. Now put your body weight over the ball of your right foot over the center stand lever. Your right hand is used more to secure the scooter than anything else, but you can use it to help push the scooter slightly to the rear (or to your right).

OFF THE CENTER STAND - Method 1
When I first got the scooter, I held both handlebars while seated and pushed it forward off the center stand. It would usually take a few times to do. Finally I jerked it and messed up my wrist. Still not completely better yet even today.

OFF THE CENTER STAND - Method 2
Since I can't hold the handlebars anymore b/c of the pain in my wrist, I slip my forearms underneath the handlebars and use my bicep to push the scooter forward. This really relieves stress on my wrists and has worked. Looks goofy, but it works.

OFF THE CENTER STAND - Method 3 (current)
I discovered this last method (the method I use now) almost by accident. I figured if I could hold the rear storage rack to put the scooter ON the stand, maybe I could use the same method to take it OFF the stand. I gave it a try.

1. Again, face the left side of the scooter as you stand beside it.

2. Place your left hand on the left handlebar. Place your right hand on the rear storage rack.

3. Using your right hand, push the storage rack forward towards the front of the scooter. It takes a lot less effort than you would think. The left hand doesn't really do anything. It's just to secure the scooter so it doesn't topple over after the scooter gets off the stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment