Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Running more drills

Since the practice of the offset cone weave didn't go so well last time, I went home to watch some more training videos and went out to the field to try it again.

And I did it!

What I was doing wrong last time was not leaning enough. I was steering between the cones rather than letting the scooter dip down at the turns. I incorporated a bit of the counter balancing technique and I think I've pretty much got it down. Masterful? Almost. But definitely a billion times improvement over the other day. I even got a chance to practice my u-turns at the end of each run. My session probably got me going through the cones at least 25x. I feel much better on the turns in the street. More confidence and it turns much tighter.

Prior to today, I was considering retaking the Basic Rider's Course - not anymore. I'm hopeful to join the Experienced Rider's Course to hone up some skills, but their website doesn't show any scheduled courses. I'm on the wait list for the next upcoming one in SF.

No comments:

Post a Comment