Monday, October 4, 2010

Counterbalancing at the turns

According to some youtube videos I saw, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czm2EyxQslM&playnext=1&videos=dW0Fq_ERTDo&feature=mfu_in_order) it means to tilt the scooter independently from your weight as the rider. During slower turns, the rider scoots over to the outside of the turn while the scooter leans towards the inside.

I suppose I do this on a bicycle, but hadn't really thought of it when it comes to riding a scooter. I had been giving this a try the past few days, but hadn't really hit the sweet spot and figured it out completely until just this evening. It works very well! I'm still thinking about it though. Once it becomes second nature, my turns around the block will be tons easier. Gotta practice in the lot tomorrow.

UPDATE: 10/5/10
It really does work. I'm continuing to utilize the counterbalancing on slow turns around the block and w/o really even thinking about it, the scooter turns with ease. It wasn't so much practice that go me going, but the training tips from those Youtube videos. I swear you can learn anything through Youtube these days. I just need to be careful whom I'm learning from.

No comments:

Post a Comment