Sunday, October 3, 2010

A fan

There's places I can now go to with the scooter that I wouldn't dare in a car due to the lack of parking availability. I park in two seconds in a convenient motorcycle parking stall (it's Sunday, so it's free) and head in to grab dinner.

As I come out, I see someone walking alongside me towards the Vespa that was parked next time my Yamaha. Something tells me that guy didn't own that Vespa. I cut ahead and get to my scooter as I comes up behind me,

I was thinking about getting a scooter too.

Oh really?

I share with him the costs letting him know it's very affordable. He's impressed with the 80mpg's I've estimated to be getting (even though Yamaha says it's supposed to get 96mpg). We talk briefly about how Vespas are way pricey and he lets me on his consideration to buy an $800 scooter from Alameda.

"Must be Chinese," was my response.
"Even though I'm Chinese, I don't even trust those things. Yamaha's reliable."

He smiles and I'm sure he'll be Googling it when he gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment