Friday, October 1, 2010

Craigslist here I come

I've bought and sold cars on Craigslist, so it was natural to look at my favorite source for a used Yamaha Vino 125.

Looking for a week, I found asking prices ranging from $1,200 to $2,300. Steve had quoted me $2,700 out the door so any number even remotely close to that wasn't a good deal for a used model. The cheaper asking priced ones were located in areas way outside the Bay Area. The added cost of shipping it here would offset the discounts. My aimed to get one at $1,500.

Keeping an eye on the posts day after day, I found a couple within my price range. I had been willing to pay more for something local and something less for one further away where I'd have to spend money getting it delivered to the City.

One was already modded up with the JDM/Euro lights! It offers a much cleaner look. Yamaha had just slapped on some last-minute designs on the US which has much stricter regulations when it comes to configuration of vehicle lights. Notice how the signal lights are now integrated into the body like it's supposed to.



Being that the scooter was meant to save me money and I already knew there were added costs of a helmet, gloves, jacket, insurance, registration, and tax, I knew that no mods were going on this scooter anytime soon. Buying an already modded out one would be great. The difference in the front signals aren't nearly as dramatic as the those on the rear.

The only problem was getting it to SF from Palo Alto. Hmmm, not freeway legal. Skyline it is! I didn't realize until riding it back that I'd be going 55mph!

No comments:

Post a Comment