Monday, October 11, 2010

Spark plug change

I changed this awhile ago, but didn't finally upload the photos of the spark plugs until today. The one on the right is the one I took out from the scooter. Apparently the last owner had done all the required tuneups, but it doesn't look like it from the look of the spark plug. Technically, it's only supposed to be cleaned and not yet replaced until 4,000 miles. It can't get any more black than this and that's not a shadow on the photo either.

Immediately after replacing the spark plug, the scooter starts up from the push of the ignition button much more easily. There's no hesitation. Feels much better. I'm glad I took the time to do this and the spark plug was only $2.99 or something like that from Kragen auto before tax.

I wanted to use anti seize, but didn't have any on hand and it's not technically required. I'll do it on the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment