Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Free parking?

I arrived in Downtown to attend another SBA course, How to Buy a Business. Since I came early and had some extra time before 6pm, I thought I'd try what the last meter maid taught me. I rolled up to the meter and pressed the single button these meter maids use to see which spaces are expired and which still have time. I was hoping to find a spot that still had some time left over.

Surprisingly, they were all expired except for one. Some of the expired ones were occupied with scooters/motorcycles though. That's a $65 ticket! Since no spaces were available that already had time, I just picked a random one and popped in my quarter. Good to go. Even the quarter and gas costs are cheaper than paying the alternative $4 round trip bus fare. The funny thing is that my whole tank of gas costs less than one trip back and forth from home to Downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment