Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Getting horny

Free safety mod! I grabbed this old horn from my car to use on the Vino and it works! It's substantially bigger so it needs to be mounted differently.







I was still able to hide it in the fender, but unfortunately the screw used to mount the stock horn is super soft and my screwdriver bit basically ripped through it and I wasn't able to remove it. The larger horn requires a larger bracket. So until I can manage to remove the old bracket, I won't be able to mount this thing. Good to know it works though for future use.


Here's a closeup of where the horn was finally mounted. Since I almost stripped the screw that holds the existing bracket and wasn't able to completely remove it, I mounted the new bracket (it has a larger hole for the bolt that screws into the horn) directly onto it. The horn faces backwards providing plenty of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment