Thursday, October 14, 2010

Helmet reflector

Free from Amazon! I used my American Express cc points which now can be used there now!

It's normally $10 and even if I had to pay for it, safety gear is always worth it. It's a band used to stretch around the motorcycle helmet to increase night time visibility in all directions. There's a rubber textured grip on the inside to keep friction against the outside of the helmet.





It has a pretty clean look. Very light weight. The proportions are perfect. I'm glad the band isn't any wider than it is. I like that it continues the color scheme in the daylight hours.

It's just an elastic band. Some owners have complained that over time, it stretches and falls off the helmet and ends up being a reflective necklace. Nothing some velcro or tape can't cure.





It's tough to capture on film, but here's my shot at it from a side view. The band reflects much brighter in real life. At a straight on angle, as it would be seen on the road, the reflectivity is pretty good. I'll have to do another test shot at a distance later on.








This is the view from the back. I added the upper reflective tape earlier. Right smack in the middle. It blends well with the design of the helmet just between the exhaust air vents.

It's literally reflective masking tape. $2/roll which I got from my recent vacation in Toronto. Stands out. Better than nothing. The angle of the light wasn't directly on the bottom ring band, so it's not lighting up nearly as clearly as it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment